IMD Leading in Turbulent Time - From Leader as Executor to Leaders as Healers
1. Title : From Leader as Executor to Leaders as Healers
2. Date & Time: Friday, 28 August 2020, 4pm to 5pm BKK time
3. Speaker: Professor Michael Watkins, IMD Professor of Leadership and Organizational Change and Visiting Professor, Nicholas Janni (@Cheong, Michelle - please share faculty photos, thank you)
4. Agenda or details (delivered in English):
The COVID-19 pandemic sits within a much larger pandemic that has gone unnoticed – the split between thinking, feeling and sensing, and between mind, body and heart.
Our current view of successful leadership is the ‘leader-as-executor’ that operates with instrumental and transactional relationships, and is focused on rational thinking. But what if we integrated being and doing, thinking and feeling, and right and left brain, allowing leaders to operate from a place of deeper inner coherence and connectedness? In this session, Michael Watkins, IMD Professor of Leadership and Organizational Change and Nicholas Janni, Visiting Professor of Leadership will discuss why an upgrade of leadership is urgently needed. They will explore the necessary inner qualities of the ‘leader-as-healer’, emotional intelligence, and why meditation and mindfulness are essential inner resources.
5. Link to register: https://www.imd.org/event/leader-as-executor-to-leader-as-healer